Along with expecting excellent horsepower and torque- you must also look forward to the excellent mileage of the car. Being the owner, you should always look forward to having a fuel-efficient vehicle to balance the costs. Whether by using a certain technique or by installing effective devices like Hypertech programmer, Turbo Sock, a steel exhaust, a good filter system- it’s possible to enhance the engine efficiency, horsepower, and torque of any automobile.
Here, we’re about to discuss a few ways to improve the mileage of your car—
Optimal tire pressure is essential
- The tires have a major role to play in enhancing the mileage of your vehicle. Always drive in an optimal tire pressure that makes a huge difference in the regular fuel consumption of your vehicle.
- The reduced tire pressure will result in more contact between the roads the tires. This will burn more fuel. Always remember that the contact between the roads the flattened tires drains out more fuel.
- Check the tire pressure once every week and try to keep the standards maintained by the manufacturers when it comes to pouring air to the tires. Choose the morning time to do this job.
Gear it up
- You need to be an excellent driver for enhancing the mileage and reducing fuel costs. It’s strongly referred to keep the gears high without knocking the engine.
- It’s necessary to increase the speed and to reduce fuel consumption. The vehicles consume more fuel at lower gears.
- Until and unless you’re trapped inside traffic or driving through thin alleys- try to speed up but make sure you have a good grip on the brakes as well as the accelerator.
Consider the math of aerodynamics
Many of us often think that the air-conditioner inside the car drains out more fuel, but per aerodynamics, it’s not a good idea to keep the windows down when the car is running at a high speed. Because of the increased drag, the car consumes more fuel.
Talk to an expert mechanic and install certain accessories such as van insulation, for boosting the performance of your automobile.